Mill Bay Marine and Storage in the Lake Chelan/Manson, Washington area is currently hiring a Lead Mechanic to join our team.
Mill Bay Marine is one of the finest Boat Storage/Mechanic Shops in the state of Washington. Our goal: we are looking for a motivated individual who is interested in expanding their skill set and who will help us grow our already established reputation.
Job Title: Shop Manager/Lead Mechanic
1. Leadership, Management and Organizational Skills.
2. Professional experience servicing outboard and/or stern drive engines on trailer able boats.
3. Proven repair efficiency; i.e. able to perform quality repairs near, at, or below flat rate time.
4. Skilled in mechanical, Electrical and diagnostic problem solving.
5. Forklift experience preferred.
1. Manage and operate daily operations of the service shop.
2. Continually work to grow the business and reputation of Mill Bay Marine
3. Repair marine engines, mechanical & electrical systems as approved by customers. This includes reading, understanding and taking responsibility for the entire customer repair order; diagnosing repairs needed; consulting with the team regarding plan of action; reading and understanding service manuals; research when applicable; parts removal and installation; labeling & organization of parts; looking up parts needed when applicable; writing complete notes; etc.
4. Rig and install new marine engines & accessories as approved by the customer.
5. Perform repairs with a high level of efficiency and productivity.
6. Write thorough notes on all actions performed on engines/systems.
7. Keep all work areas neat and organized.
8. Move boats with forklift before & after jobs, when customers drop off and pick up boats, and other times as necessary.
9. Shop projects as required.
Keys To Success:
Outgoing, positive personality
Ability to communicate clearly with team members and customers
Responsible, honest, and committed to good work
A desire to have fun working at what you love
Our mission is to provide cost effective boat and RV storage and service for local residents and visitors to the Lake Chelan area.
Our 40,000 square foot service facility can handle most mechanical repairs, including marine re-power and outdrive replacement. We specialize in boat mechanical maintenance, using OEM and high quality parts and materials. We also provide maintenance and limited repair service for PWC, and small outboard motors. In addition, we also offer cleaning and detailing service for boat, PWC or RV and can pick up or deliver boats if necessary.
Submit your resume via the adjacent form or email to email@example.com. Please no phone call or in-person inquiries.
We aim to pay a very competitive salary. Compensation and benefits will depend on the candidate’s experience. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
To help you navigate your boating experience on Lake Chelan, we’ve pulled together helpful links to water levels, maintenance tips, and safety reminders.
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive timely service reminders and special offers.